At Vector, we believe great technology can better serve trucking and logistics. Our mission is to empower all parties throughout the load lifecycle with tools to achieve operational efficiency, and gain intelligence to act with unparalleled insights. To tackle this ambitious goal, we have built a team of technologists fundamentally rethinking how tools in transportation should work.
You will be working on our backend team which includes application and platform developers. You’ll collaborate closely with our product, mobile, and web frontend teams to deliver a world class user experience.
We care more about technical fundamentals than we do with knowledge of a particular technical stack. In case you’re curious, we use Java, Google Guice, jOOQ, and Postgres as some of our core backend technologies.
We are looking for engineers that can own large parts of the system and make large contributions to help us become a collaborative platform for field service automation.
- Lead the design of major software components, systems, and features
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve our platform
- Focus on overall product quality and scalability
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of relevant work experience in software development
- Experience architecting and developing distributed systems design
- Master’s degree or PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field
- Hands on technical leadership experience leading project teams and setting technical direction
- Experience architecting and developing solutions to ambiguous problems with significant impact
- Extensive hands-on programming skills in the Java ecosystem