Join us in disrupting the status quo of addiction care. Workit Health is a rapidly growing telemedicine B-corporation in search of an outstanding and driven senior accountant. Everyday our team is working to increase access to addiction recovery care and as we grow we are working to build a team that is as energized by our patients as we are.
This is an opportunity to work alongside a growing team of medical professionals and designers to build a product that transforms lives and reshapes how everyday Americans treat and overcome substance use disorders.
As a Senior Accountant at Workit Health, you will be responsible for bringing hands-on technical accounting and cost accounting expertise to our nontraditional business model. Our ideal candidate will bring a solid background in accounting operations, is inherently hands-on and that thrives in a nuanced work environment.
- Accounting Operations, including Billing, A/R, A/P, Cost Accounting, and Revenue Recognition, owning the month-end and year-end close process for multiple entities.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls and mitigate risk.
- Manage accounting activities for day to day clinic and corporate operations including payroll accounting, drug testing shipments, contractor payments, remote onboarding fulfillments and all other COGS and reconciliations.
- Work in partnership with the VP of Finance to continuously evolve financial management, controls and reporting
- Ensure integrity of books with high emphasis on billing cycle management.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements to the VP of Finance, executive team, and board of directors.
- Preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report and analyze performance variances.
- Prepare and manage all regulatory reporting and research technical accounting issues to ensure compliance.
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- As the company grows, hire and manage a team of accounting and finance professionals as the company evolves.
- Additional financial planning and accounting responsibilities as needed in a startup environment.
- Strong track record with 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in accounting.
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics.
- Proven professional experience as a Senior Accountant in a dynamic work environment.
- Thorough, practical knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Expertise maintaining revenue cycle management in the healthcare industry.
- Experience with creating financial statements, general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process.
- Able to select and work fluently with prevalent accounting systems.
- Strong Excel and Google Sheets required. Advanced Excel skills managing large data sets are strongly preferred.
- Experience with NetSuite strongly desired
- CPA and/or public company experience is a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Startup and high growth company experience strongly preferred
- Attention to detail and business deadlines
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- The ability to multitask
- Problem-solving aptitude and collaborative mindset
- Manage multiple entities reporting and analysis
Workit Health is an on-demand, evidence-based addiction treatment provider changing the way care is delivered. By leveraging telemedicine and a medication-first approach, we are improving clinical outcomes and enabling more individuals to enter long-term recovery.
We’re excited to expand the team as our impact continues to grow. The dedication our team members bring to the table reflects our mission-driven culture of improving addiction through patient-centered design. We are looking for driven and compassionate individuals with a desire to transform an entire health ecosystem ripe for disruption.
Workit Health is the leading risk bearing telemedicine provide of comprehensive addiction services and we are looking for a motivated operations leader as we partner with health plans to manage claims for addiction care across our 38 million covered lives.
*As we are an addiction recovery company, those in addiction recovery themselves are encouraged to apply.