Do you love building products and services that support behavior change? Join us in disrupting the status quo of addiction care.
We are looking for a team oriented lead developer who's not afraid to get their hands dirty as we revolutionize accessibility to care for underserved populations, one line of code at a time. The Lead Software Engineer will manage releases, drive product management, and work with the dev team to code our way to the future of healthcare. We currently have a React-Native app and a Ruby on Rails server, both of which are growing quickly to meet the needs of our users. If you are ambitious, kind, and want to build an app that's saving lives, we'd love to hear from you.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with our design team to develop new features and functionality for our production web applications
- Work with technologies in some of the following areas: video conferencing, chat message, scheduling and datetime management, complex user interface design
- Lead ongoing maintenance of applications and testing, help improving our infrastructure and making our applications more reliable
- Manage bug tracking and ticket handling via Sentry, Asana, & Github on an as-needed basis
- Research, scope, and test new technologies to improve our team workflow and user experience
- Builds and maintains the digital recovery platform.
- Stays current with all confidentiality/HIPAA laws and ensure the product is in compliance.
- Works with providers to integrate tie-ins to other systems.
- Implements input from creative team to establish quality user experience.
- Safeguards all client private health information by controlling access points.
- Responsible for hitting pre-defined metrics (co-developed with leadership).
You have experience with:
- Working with web applications and RESTful APIs to some extent required
- MVC architecture
- Testing, releasing and deploying web applications of some kind, personal or professional
- Debugging production applications
- Working in a collaborative environment with multiple software engineers
- Remote communication and collaboration using Slack, Asana, and video stand-ups
You may have the following qualifications:
- Years spent as co owner and Lead Engineer of software consulting agency
- At least three years experience of Ruby on Rails
- Highly proficient oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Basic knowledge of systems architecture and web applications.
- Location: Ann Arbor, MI or remote
- Hours: 40/hours week, full-time
- Reports to: CTO
- Manages: Software engineering team
Why Join Workit?:
- Workit Health is a team of thinkers and doers disrupting the status quo of care through telemedicine.
- We are a rapidly growing telemedicine B-corporation that puts members first in ensuring they receive the best possible care in addiction and beyond.
- We are a group of solution architects passionate about creating more accessible opportunities for people to help people make life-long change.
Workit Health is an on-demand, evidence-based addiction treatment provider changing the way care is delivered. By leveraging telemedicine and a medication-first approach, we are improving clinical outcomes and enabling more individuals to enter long-term recovery.
We’re excited to expand the team as our impact continues to grow. The dedication our team members bring to the table reflects our mission-driven culture of improving addiction through patient-centered design. We are looking for driven and compassionate individuals with a desire to transform an entire health ecosystem ripe for disruption.
Workit Health is the leading risk bearing telemedicine provide of comprehensive addiction services and we are looking for a motivated operations leader as we partner with health plans to manage claims for addiction care across our 38 million covered lives.
*As we are an addiction recovery company, those in addiction recovery themselves encouraged to apply.
Help by Sharing
Share this job with friends and family
Tip: Paste this link anywhere