Our mission is to save lives. Guardhat is a leading global Industrial IoT technology company specialized in developing wearables, infrastructure and software platforms to provide a safer and more productive work environment for frontline industrial workers in heavy manufacturing industries. By combining cutting-edge, wearable technology with advanced proprietary software, Guardhat is able to proactively monitor a user's location, health and work environment. The software platform collects and analyzes on-the-job data which is used to enhance industrial worker safety and productivity programs.
The company is staffed with innovative, hard-working and creative individuals who share a passion for the human element behind what drives our societies. Consider joining our team if you want to work on new, exciting and meaningful products within a relaxed and flexible work environment where individuals are empowered to share ideas, fail fast and create lasting impact.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with our Product Management, Marketing, Deployment, Sales and Engineering teams to understand customer pain points and requirements to plan and implement new designs
- Optimize existing user interface designs
- Test internally and externally for intuitivity and overall user experience
- Communicate directly with clients and customers to understand their business goals and objectives through use of our solutions
- Develop technical and business requirements and strive to deliver intuitive and user-centered solutions
- Combine creativity with an awareness of the design elements
- Create prototypes for new product ideas
- Conduct ongoing user and market research and relay findings to relevant internal stakeholders
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience as an UI/UX designer or similar role
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in relevant field
- UI design portfolio
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to discuss and explain design options to audiences of varying seniority and technical knowledge
- Detail oriented; critical thinker with self-starter attitude and drive to create tangible impact and results in a fast-paced environment
- Problem-solver and customer-centered
- Knowledge of Adobe range of products including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat and Dreamweaver; knowledge and/or interest in the Industrial IoT space
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We welcome and strive for diversity of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identify, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability or other applicable legally protected characteristics.