Our mission is to save lives. Guardhat is a leading global Industrial IoT technology company specialized in developing wearables, infrastructure and software platforms to provide a safer and more productive work environment for frontline industrial workers in heavy manufacturing industries. By combining cutting-edge, wearable technology with advanced proprietary software, Guardhat is able to proactively monitor a user's location, health and work environment. The software platform collects and analyzes on-the-job data which is used to enhance industrial worker safety and productivity programs.
All locations open
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, build and test new software components and make significant enhancements to existing code base
- Research, build and coordinate the conversion and/or integration of new features
- Troubleshoot and analyze root cause for pre-prod or production problems and resolve issues
- Address problems with systems integration and compatibility
- Demonstrate impact of design on scalability, performance, and reliability
- Follow established coding and software tools standards in adherence to established security and quality control standards for software development
- Provide technical guidance to junior team members
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years’ experience as a back-end developer in Java and/or Kotlin with proven success with multiple implementations
- Excellent knowledge of J2EE architecture/design patterns, Object Oriented Design methodologies, SOA, data modelling techniques, RESTful APIs, WebSockets, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of Java frameworks like Spring, Hibernate, etc.
- Expert level experience with message brokers like ActiveMQ, Kafka, etc.
- Experience in system integration and microservice architecture
- Experience working with both relational and NoSQL databases and basic query analysis and optimization
- Working knowledge of Angular 2+ and TypeScript, RxJS, etc. is highly desirable
- Experience with CI/CD, VCS (git and github) and ticketing systems (JIRA)
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We welcome and strive for diversity of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identify, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability or other applicable legally protected characteristics.