At Finite State, our mission is to protect the devices that power our modern lives by illuminating the vulnerabilities and threats within their complex software supply chains. We do this by leveraging massive data analysis to provide transparency to device manufacturers and their customers - enabling them to understand and mitigate their risks before they are compromised. Reporting directly to the CEO, we are looking for a strategic and empathetic Head of People and Talent to own talent acquisition, development, and retention.
Primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Create and refine Finite State’s full-cycle employee strategy and process (sourcing to retention), focusing on quality, efficiency, cost-effectiveness, diversity and inclusion.
- Build trust and rapport with Finite State managers to learn their needs, challenge prevailing assumptions and deliver exceptional results.
- Champion Finite State’s company virtues, ensuring we stay true to who we are as we double our team size in the next year.
- Champion diversity and inclusion to foster a welcoming environment for all employees from different backgrounds and experiences at Finite State.
- Act as a strategic partner to leadership and advise human capital impacts of business decisions.
- Own benefits sourcing and selection, ensuring we are meeting the needs of our employees.
- Live and breathe our company mission and vision.
- Champion employee engagement programs and help create an energized, engaged, and supported environment for our distributed team.
Candidates at a minimum must have the following:
- 6+ years experience as a technical recruiting or 4+ years experience in technical product/project management, technical consulting or software development.
- Highly empathetic, collaborative, scrappy, and intellectually curious.
- Demonstrated experience building effective processes.
- Passion for helping people achieve and be their best.
- Highly competitive and driven.
- Passion and sense of duty for our mission of securing the world’s critical infrastructure.
- Experience at a hyper-growth startup.
It’s preferred (but not required) that candidate have knowledge of/experience in:
- Experience leading talent at another organization.
- Software development background/experience.
- Diverse professional experience within a tech company.
- Cyber security domain expertise.
About Finite State
Built on two decades of cybersecurity experience serving the Fortune 50 and the U.S. Intelligence Community, our team of experts understands the hidden risks in today’s enterprise networks, where IoT vulnerabilities are quickly becoming the entry point of choice for cyber attacks.
Finite State gives cyber defenders a tactical advantage by identifying the devices running on the network and proactively analyzing firmware buried inside the IoT devices for hidden vulnerabilities. We have a sense of duty to protect the critical infrastructure we rely on including medical devices, power grids and telecommunication networks. We were founded in 2017 in Columbus, Ohio.
At Finite State, we are dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive salary, equity, full benefits (medical, dental, vision, disability and life-insurance), 401k plan and unlimited PTO, because we believe it is important to unplug and recharge.
Come help us solve one of the biggest problems in cyber security!
Finite State is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Finite State prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Finite State conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
Help by Sharing
Share this job with friends and family
Tip: Paste this link anywhere