At Finite State, we are leveraging massive amounts of data to solve the next generation of security problems generated by the Internet of Things (IoT). We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to help us provide comprehensive cybersecurity for modern networks. The individual filling this role will work on building world class information security products with one or more agile development teams. If you are an experienced self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, then we want to talk to you!
Primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Designing and building full-stack software.
- Data modeling and processing at scale.
- Improving the performance and scalability of our platform.
- Pragmatic technical decision-making to ensure we're delivering high quality software as quickly as possible.
- Incremental improvements and simplifications to our platform’s architecture to improve development velocity, scalability, and deployment flexibility.
- Collaboratively working with QA engineers to ensure proper test coverage and high quality releases.
- Collaboratively working with Product Management and UX to ensure a delightful customer experience.
Candidates at a minimum must have the following:
- 2+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- Working experience with Python (or a similar language with the ability to learn quickly!)
- Experience working on a cloud-provider-hosted platform (preferably AWS).
- Experience with web application frameworks (preferably Django).
- Experience working on small, fast-paced, teams.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with engineers and stakeholders.
- Growth mindset with desire to learn quickly from your more experienced peers.
It’s preferred (but not required) that candidate have experience with:
- AWS Lambda or other serverless function frameworks.
- Spark and/or AWS Glue
- Presto and/or AWS Athena
- Building and supporting platforms for large enterprise customers
About Finite State
Built on two decades of cybersecurity experience serving the Fortune 50 and the U.S. Intelligence Community, our team of experts understands the hidden risks in today’s enterprise networks, where IoT vulnerabilities are quickly becoming the entry point of choice for cyber attacks.
Finite State gives cyber defenders a tactical advantage by identifying the devices running on the network and proactively analyzing firmware buried inside the IoT devices for hidden vulnerabilities. We have a sense of duty to protect the critical infrastructure we rely on including medical devices, power grids and telecommunication networks. We were founded in 2017 in Columbus, Ohio, but we are now a fully distributed company with employees across the country.
At Finite State, we are dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive salary, equity, full benefits (medical, dental, vision, disability and life-insurance), 401k plan and unlimited PTO, because we believe it is important to unplug and recharge.
Come help us solve one of the biggest problems in cyber security!
Finite State is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Finite State prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Finite State conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.