At Finite State, we are leveraging massive amounts of data to solve the next generation of security problems generated by the Internet of Things (IoT). We are seeking an AWS Infrastructure Engineer to help us provide comprehensive cybersecurity for the modern world. The individual filling this role will work on building a highly-available, highly-scalable, and highly-portable infrastructure for our world class information security products. If you are an experienced self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, then we want to talk to you!
Primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Build and enhance our Kubernetes-based AWS Cloud Infrastructure.
- Fully automate infrastructure provisioning and configuration.
- Architect our platform to avoid vendor lock while still taking advantage of the benefits of AWS managed services.
- Maintain strong Cybersecurity discipline and support third party security audits.
- Work with stakeholders to understand the system requirements to meet business needs.
- Work with software developers to understand the challenges they face balancing velocity, reliability, security, and cost.
- Develop tooling that continually improves testability, eases deployments, fosters repeatability, and enables observability.
- Ensure that all relevant parties understand and participate in a healthy DevOps culture of accountability and shared responsibility.
- Act as a thought leader in how to leverage AWS, Cloud, and stand-alone technologies cohesively.
- Mentor and coach junior infrastructure engineers.
Candidates at a minimum must…
- Have 4 years experience managing and supporting development and production environment infrastructure in both cloud and private data centers
- Have a solid working knowledge of Linux
- Have a solid working knowledge of Kubernetes
- Be proficient in the core AWS technologies for security, networking, provisioning, configuration management, messaging, and monitoring
- Experience with Python and shell scripting
- Have a solid understanding of CI/CD processes and related metrics
- Have experience establishing, automating, and managing system support
- Demonstrate excellent communication, prioritization, and troubleshooting skills
- Be cool under pressure in the face of production incidents and able to methodically and quickly return a system to good health.
About Finite State
Built on two decades of cybersecurity experience serving the Fortune 50 and the U.S. Intelligence Community, our team of experts understands the hidden risks in today’s enterprise networks, where IoT vulnerabilities are quickly becoming the entry point of choice for cyber attacks.
Finite State gives cyber defenders a tactical advantage by identifying the devices running on the network and proactively analyzing firmware buried inside the IoT devices for hidden vulnerabilities. We have a sense of duty to protect the critical infrastructure we rely on including medical devices, power grids and telecommunication networks. We were founded in 2017 in Columbus, Ohio.
At Finite State, we are dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive salary, equity, full benefits (medical, dental, vision, disability and life-insurance), 401k plan and unlimited PTO, because we believe it is important to unplug and recharge.
Come help us solve one of the biggest problems in cyber security!
Finite State is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Finite State prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Finite State conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.