The Senior Software Engineer position will be engaged on tasks spanning all aspects of software development lifecycle to meet the needs of our customers, company, and the market. The Senior Software Engineer position includes all activities during the development life cycle, while meeting the design guidelines, quality standards and customer’s expectations. Additionally, the Senior Software Engineer should have strong communications skills and foster close relationship with product managers and developers to achieve DevOps nirvana.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops software for a product that meets the needs of company customers and strategy.
- Ensures software written is deemed readable, maintainable and efficient by co-workers in the development team.
- Analyzes and resolves software development issues and needs in terms of the software's full life cycle.
- Works closely with Quality Assurance, Professional Services, and Technical Support to resolve issues that will affect the success of the assigned product offerings and schedules.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for and assists in the execution of the internal training, development tools, and support documentation for tasks worked on.
- Provides project managers with regular status reports for tasks worked on.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Desired Education, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Electrical Engineering, or the equivalent knowledge and experience, is required.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of software design, development, or related experience with proven success at meeting deliverable deadlines at measurable levels of quality is required.
- Experienced with multiple SDLCs such as agile or water fall.
- Detail and results oriented with a decisive approach to work required to ensure the deliverables are met on time with multiple assignments.
- Experienced user of high scale databases and cloud computing platforms.
- Software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, software reliability analysis.
- Helps determine technology platform choices, including assessment/estimates for new features, product requirements, evaluation of 3rd party components.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with management. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good general knowledge of Internet technology and software development lifecycle, including current industry trends and their application.