Our mission is to create and enable forward-thinking companies by creating relationships and functioning as their technical partner. We work with validated startups all the way up to Fortune 500 customers. We partner with a variety of high-impact companies across different verticals to enable their success through technology. We also create our own in-house product initiatives to launch software products for gaps we find in the existing marketplace.
We’re looking for a hardworking, skilled and driven Lead Full Stack Engineer to help us take the products we create and our engineer stack to the next level. At Near The Box, you’ll have the freedom to solve difficult problems by leveraging your skillset, creativity, and engineering expertise. You will also have a large ownership of the codebase and any engineering efforts.
About the Team
As a Lead Full Stack Software Engineer, you will be working on a variety of business-critical applications. We are a small team where you will be working directly with the Technical Architect, as well as a cross-functional team of PM, Product, and Design - where you will have large ownership over whatever your task is. You will be responsible for helping bring applications to life, with a key focus on quality-of-code, maintainability, scalability & amazing user experiences. You will have high visibility into projects as a whole, and be able to make a direct impact with your expertise.
At Near The Box, we go for a team-first approach. Everyone’s opinion is valued, and all positions are considered cross-functional to our clients. We expect collaboration between all crafts, and respect for others inputs - which will drive us to our best solution. We fully embrace an engineering first culture - everything you do will be expected to last for the future, and take best practices into account.
- You have a passion for software engineering, and want to launch high-quality
- applications that make an impact on our users lives
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and enjoy giving
- thoughtful feedback on things like pull requests and product specifications.
- You take great care when shipping software that users currently depend on
- You enjoy mentoring and coaching developers, and the thought of pairing on a
- tricky technical problem excites you
- You enjoy working closely with stakeholders and other team members to
- accomplish tasks in an effective manner
- 4+ years building high-quality, secure high-traffic applications/websites
- Experience with Typescript
- Experience with React
- Experience working with REST and creating your own APIs
- Experience with MySQL and Postgres and creating SQL Database Schemas
- Experience deploying and maintaining a high traffic application
- Self-starter who is comfortable taking a task and delivering on it, without
- Bachelors degree in computer science or a technical field (or equivalent work
- Experience with Redux for state management
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with PHP and Laravel
- A challenging job in a premium and high-impact professional environment
- Individual career path - large ownership of the codebase as well as regular
- performance assessment in a fast-growing organization
- Opportunity to stay current with technologies and advancements in the field
- Fully Remote
- Flexible work hours, and an emphasis on work-life balance
- Generous paid holidays and open paid time off
Help by Sharing
Share this job with friends and family
Tip: Paste this link anywhere