Rev.io is a SaaS-based recurring revenue & customer management platform based in Atlanta, GA. We are guided by our Mission, which is to help clients grow revenue efficiently. Our Vision is to be the best billing and back-office software company in the world by providing innovative solutions and extraordinary service to our clients and end-users.
This is a dynamic customer facing role with the responsibility of detailed project management, gathering business requirements for development, and facilitating the onboarding process for our clients and third-party vendors. Overcoming obstacles and driving deadlines both internally and externally will be a large part of the role as deliverables for the overall project are assigned to our clients, third-party vendors, and internal resources. This role requires you to be a self-driven, highly motivated individual with strong customer facing, teamwork, and support skills.
The Data Engineer serves an essential role in Rev.io by providing “Data Migration”, “Reporting” and Support for the Rev.io platform and associated products. Data Engineers perform many steps in the data migration life cycle, from documenting requirements to implementing and delivering solutions to Rev.io’s user base. This role is cross-functional with other departments and participates in all standard activities of a full-time employee.
Specific duties will include:
- Implement client-driven reporting and data migration needs within the Rev.io platform with exposure to user interface and database changes using SQL and ETL tools.
- Responsible for working with teammates and clients to determine innovative solutions to problems experienced when installing new customers.
- Involved in the database testing and will actively participate in workflows involving business intelligence and reporting.
- Gain exposure to large customer data sets involved in product migrations, and responsible for helping data flow into Rev.io from legacy customer systems.
- Hands-on experience working with live client systems and configuring real production environments.
Uses cutting-edge technology in the workplace including:
- Atlassian products (JIRA, Confluence, etc.)
- Full Microsoft Stack (Visual Studio 2013, SQL Server 2014/2019, HTML5/JS)
Part of a small, but fast-moving team where constant communication and self-driven learners are key. Attends all scheduled items on a full-time Data Engineer’s schedule, including analysis meetings, customer calls, internal development sessions, and team meetings.
CANDIDATE PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- 1-2 years minimum of professional experience working with SQL (required)
- 1-2 years of experience with T-SQL (preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Database Management, Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Information Science, or other database and software development-focused majors (preferred)
- Have worked with ETL tools for data migration (preferred)
- Have worked with BI/Visualization tools (preferred)
- Strong communicator, self-driven, and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work full-time onsite daily and work with the team
- Strong debugging skills
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA