About Signal Advisors
Signal Advisors is a venture-backed, tech-enabled insurance distributor. We help independent financial advisors grow their business in various ways, through technology, financing, peer-to-peer coaching, marketing, and much more. In August 2020, we came out of stealth mode and have become the country's fastest-growing annuity distributor.
At Signal Advisors, our team is 'obsessed with finding a better way' in everything we do. It's this same entrepreneurial spirit that drives our independent financial advisors to build great businesses. Whether we're building world-class software or delivering expert analysis on complex insurance strategies, it's our people that make the difference.
We are looking to expand our smart, optimistic, and hardworking team. If you like to think differently while driving change in a vast sector like financial services, then we have an opportunity for you, and we would love to chat! Hope to meet you soon!
We are seeking a Site Reliability Engineer that can create and manage cutting edge cloud infrastructure to support the Signal Advisors product. Our vision is to create an industry leading microservices platform on GCP and AWS to quickly deliver resilient scalable software for a quickly growing financial services business. By creating a focus on building reliable tools and infrastructure conforming to best practices, we can deliver value for internal teams and external clients alike.
We look to accomplish this vision using Google Kubernetes Engine, Terraform, and Google Cloud Functions to quickly create APIs and software features for our Independent Financial Advisor platform. These services would do everything from securely managing sensitive data to assist in creating shipping labels for sensitive documents. An ideal candidate would have knowledge of the technologies and patterns that make these technologies thrive. Experience in financial services is also desired but not required.
An SRE would work directly with cloud engineers and architects on our backend services on a daily basis to deliver software that supports our advisor platform. They would also be responsible for identifying and remedying issues with our current cloud technology implementations. An ideal candidate would have a technical background and be comfortable working with tools like terraform for creating and managing infrastructure.
- Work with the Signal Advisors product team to design backend services in a scalable highly available way
- Identify and recommend tooling that will enable fast but reliable service delivery
- Take ownership of backend infrastructure and recommend best practices for improving service reliability
- Manage backend infrastructure that resides in GCP and AWS
- Manage a Continuous Integration system
- Identify opportunities to improve current infrastructure and tooling according to best practices
- Create and maintain Terraform assets for standing infrastructure up
- Work with clients to remedy technical issues they are facing in the platform
- Experienced with GCP and AWS managed services like Cloud Run, Cloud Datastore, Lambda/Cloud Functions, and Firebase
- Able to use terraform to provision services across cloud platforms
- A good understanding of the IAM permissions system in GCP and AWS
- Comfortable with continuous integration systems (specifically circleci)
- Ideal candidates will have 2+ years experience working with Kubernetes and GKE to host microservices and other programs
Help by Sharing
Share this job with friends and family
Tip: Paste this link anywhere