KLA is a global leader in diversified electronics for the semiconductor manufacturing ecosystem. Virtually every electronic device in the world is produced using our technologies. No laptop, smartphone, wearable device, voice-controlled gadget, flexible screen, VR device or smart car would have made it into your hands without us. KLA invents systems and solutions for the manufacturing of wafers and reticles, integrated circuits, packaging, printed circuit boards and flat panel displays. The innovative ideas and devices that are advancing humanity all begin with inspiration, research and development. KLA focuses more than average on innovation and in 2019 we invested 15% of sales back into R&D. Our expert teams of physicists, engineers, data scientists and problem-solvers work together with the world’s leading technology providers to accelerate the delivery of tomorrow’s electronic devices. Life here is exciting and our teams thrive on tackling really hard problems. There is never a dull moment with us.
KLA is seeking a motivated individual for an engineer position in a world-class algorithm group within the reticle product division (RAPID). This individual will utilize his/her skills in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence as well as Image Processing to develop and integrate algorithms into KLA’s state of the art inspection platforms. Responsibilities of this position include:
- Utilize advanced techniques in image processing, mathematics, and software to develop novel modeling, defect detection and optimization algorithms balancing between rigor and computational complexity through comprehensive data analysis.
- Deploy machine learning techniques to complement and enhance the performance of existing algorithms in optical and/or electron beam modeling and defect detection space
- Collaborate with software and computer groups to design and implement data management, model training and inference flow
- Improve accuracy and computational efficiency through iterations of data analysis and algorithm customization
- Bring forward creative ideas, develop production code and provide support as needed
- This candidate shall work tightly with the Milpitas and Ann Arbor project teams.
- Ph.D. in Applied Math, EE, Computer Science or related field
- 4 years of experience required in any two of the following: Image Processing, Deep Learning, or Optical Modeling (experience in all three is a plus)
- Knowledge of Machine Learning techniques and can bridge with conventional computer vision and image processing techniques
- Significant experiences in C++ production software under Linux is highly desired
- Familiarity with Data analysis and visualization tools is a plus
- Experience with linear and non-linear optimizations, is a plus
- Algorithm prototyping using MATLAB or Python is preferred
- Familiarity with GPU programming, is a plus
- Strong oral and written communications skills to interact with other development and applications engineers daily
- Doctorate level degree with 3 work experience OR Master's level degree with 6+ years of work experience OR Bachelor's level degree with 8+ years of work experience
We offer a competitive, family friendly total rewards package. We design our programs to reflect our commitment to an inclusive environment, while ensuring we provide benefits that meet the diverse needs of our employees.
KLA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by applicable law. We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.