Quikly is hiring a full-stack web developer to join our team in Detroit. We're looking for someone with experience working with Ruby on Rails and React, but we encourage you to apply if you have strong front-end skills and are open to working full-stack, or if you have experience working with other back-end languages.
Quikly runs on Ruby on Rails with a GraphQL API and React. We also have services running Node and Go. We have a continuous integration process that runs our test suite on every pull request. We push our code up to Github, do peer-review, and work at our own pace. Most of our platform lives on Heroku and AWS.
As a tech team, we work in 4-week cycles, which helps to organize our work and gives us a chance to celebrate with demos and do a quick retrospective at the end of development cycles to continually improve our process.
We hire creative people and give them freedom to do great work. Collaboration, teamwork, and an inclusive environment are invaluable to our team, as we do our best work when we work together and are passionate about what we are building.
Check out a video description of this opportunity here: https://youtu.be/VUPSQ09JMxA
Currently we are all working remotely, but we are looking for someone who would be able to join in our Detroit office at the appropriate time. Under normal circumstances, our dev team often splits time between working in the office and at home.
As a Full-Stack Developer at Quikly, you will :
- Build features that power our consumer-facing web app, as well as the tools and interfaces for clients and for our own team.
- Write code that allows us to keep our applications stable and release with confidence. This includes writing feature specs.
- Be an advocate of best practices in regards to testable code.
- Help identify new technologies and techniques that can improve our application and development process.
- Manage your own workflow and your own time.
What we are looking for in you:
- 2+ years of development experience building web apps with React and/or a back-end framework like Ruby on Rails.
- Knowledge of CSS and various patterns for front-end styling (styled-components and CSS modules).
- Experience with unit, functional and feature specs (RSpec).
- Basic knowledge of relational databases (we use PostgreSQL).
- Efficiency, because you already have experience with tools used in the stack, you'll be able to start collaborating with our team right away.
What you’ll like about Quikly:
- True startup experience: Small team, no bureaucracy, code you write has a real impact on the business.
- You'll get to learn about and use the latest technologies, and millions of people will interact with the features you build.
- A small, tight-knit team that works really well together and enjoys celebrating our accomplishments.
- A focus on learning, trying new things, team and individual growth, and enjoying what we do.
- Easy-going management style, flexible working hours with a sustainable pace.
We'd love to see a brief cover letter with your resume so we can learn more about you!
Used by millions of consumers and relied upon by leading brands, Quikly’s scalable technology platform leverages incentives and psychology to help brands immediately increase consumer response.
Headquartered in downtown Detroit, Quikly is a team of marketing trailblazers who are obsessed with innovating the ways brands acquire, retain, and reactivate customers. And we take serious pride in housing those innovations within Detroit’s amazing tech community.
Quikly celebrates diversity, equity, and inclusion and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.