Bloomscape is a Direct to Consumer plant brand with a mission to become the simplest source in the world for buying and enjoying quality plants. Plants nourish our living spaces in a way that’s deeply vital and increasingly necessary in our modern lifestyles. By completely changing the way people buy and experience plants in every area of the home and garden, our big vision is to make Bloomscape the most recognized brand in plants.
We started by offering high-quality, fully grown, potted indoor plants that can be purchased and delivered directly to our customers and we’ve had a massive response. And now we’re extending that experience by building products that engage our customers throughout the entire plantlife experience.
Bloomscape is seeking to hire a versatile, experienced Software Development Manager who can drive both strategy and execution of technology initiatives, across all parts of the technical stack. You will play a key role on Bloomscape’s technology team by managing our current team of developers and projects and working with the team to bring Bloomscape’s end-to-end customer experience to the next level.
To be successful in this role, you must be a versatile and experienced Developer and Leader that is customer-first in nature and innovative at every stage of software development, as you’ll be heavily involved with seeing projects through from ideation to deployment and beyond, via both leadership and individual contributor development work. Expectation is you will be roughly 50-50 in terms of hands-on coding. You’ll work closely across Bloomscape to bridge the gap between vision and execution of e-commerce, fulfillment, and backend applications that will surprise and delight our customers, and help us achieve our business goals.
In addition to developing immersive tools and experiences for our customers, you’ll partner with the broader Bloomscape team to enable customer interactions and optimize our existing systems. You should have experience working across the technology ecosystem, with a strong preference for past experience owning a breadth of technical experiences in a startup.
We have ambitious goals for the future of Bloomscape, so we’re looking for a highly motivated, quick learner with a passion for defining and driving great consumer facing products with integrity and speed.
- Collaborate with the broader Bloomscape team to design, develop and launch new features
- Own relationships with other members of the technology team, via agile processes as well management, to ensure products are delivered to business need
- Provide strategies and specifications to delight our customers, while focused on quality, user experience and business value
- Comfortable digging in at all layers of our tech stack, collaborating via melding your own experiences with the teams experience.
- Be both big-picture and detail-oriented at the same time; from vision and strategy to specification details to implementation.
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- Significant experience with startup experience and fast-moving development a strong positive.
- Experience working with and improving existing experiences as well as building brand new applications
- Benefit if experienced with both web, mobile and backend development.
- Excellent communication and visualization skills
- Strong past relationships with UX Designers, Marketing and Customer Support Teams in ensuring collaborative efforts for best success
- Proactive, enthusiastic hard worker with an eye for detail
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Self-motivated with ability to work in ambiguity and still drive forward
- Problem-solver with an inquisitive and innovative mind
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced ever-changing environment
- Committed employee with a passion for plants and the Bloomscape brand
Bloomscape is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate inclusivity and are committed to building a diverse team.