KLA is a global leader in diversified electronics for the semiconductor manufacturing ecosystem. Virtually every electronic device in the world is produced using our technologies. No laptop, smartphone, wearable device, voice-controlled gadget, flexible screen, VR device or smart car would have made it into your hands without us. KLA invents systems and solutions for the manufacturing of wafers and reticles, integrated circuits, packaging, printed circuit boards and flat panel displays. The innovative ideas and devices that are advancing humanity all begin with inspiration, research and development. KLA focuses more than average on innovation and in 2019 we invested 15% of sales back into R&D. Our expert teams of physicists, engineers, data scientists and problem-solvers work together with the world’s leading technology providers to accelerate the delivery of tomorrow’s electronic devices. Life here is exciting and our teams thrive on tackling really hard problems. There is never a dull moment with us.
With over 40 years of semiconductor process control experience, chipmakers around the globe rely on KLA to ensure that their fabs ramp next-generation devices to volume production quickly and cost-effectively. Enabling the movement towards advanced chip design, KLA's Global Products Group (GPG), which is responsible for creating all of KLA’s metrology and inspection products, is looking for the best and the brightest research scientist, software engineers, application development engineers, and senior product technology process engineers. The Broadband Plasma Division (BBP) provides market-leading patterned wafer optical inspection systems for leading-edge IC manufacturing. Logic, foundry, and memory customers depend on BBP products to detect yield-critical defects for process debug and excursion monitoring at advanced process nodes. BBP flagship products include the 29xx and 39xx series which leverage Broadband Plasma technology to capture a wide range of defects with ultimate sensitivity at the optical inspection speeds needed for inline defect monitoring.
The selected Product Development Engineer will work within the Broadband Plasma products. This role will involve requirements analysis, system design and testing of complex inspection systems using expertise from multiple technical disciplines. The selected candidate will:
- Work with marketing and engineering to define system architecture and develop requirement specifications and test plans - 30%
- Work with functional groups to define and review designs.
- Create and execute test plans and perform analysis to validate system performance. Will trouble shoot system and subsystem issues and work with various subsystem teams to find and implement solutions - 40%
- Support internal and external customers in implementing processes to build and use the tool effectively and optimize tool performance. Lead troubleshoot efforts in manufacturing and in the field - 30%
- Occasional travel will be required
- Must have a strong background in engineering or the physical science and demonstrated analysis and problem-solving skills
- Must have a good understanding of Optical, Electromechanical and Software systems and their interactions in the context of complex industrial equipment.
- Strong diagnostic and trouble shooting skills in optics, opto-mechanics, and motion control systems
- Should be familiar with scientific and statistical analysis tools and SW tools such as Matlab, JMP, Zemax and LabView
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Python, would be a plus
- Experience with problem-solving one or more of the above areas are highly desirable
- Agility and ability to thrive on a fast paced program and respond quickly to field and internal escalations
- Must be an effective communicator able to share technical information with functional groups and provide executive level reports to management and customers
- PhD or Masters, in applied optics, mechanical/electrical engineering, physics or related disciplines desired
- Doctorate (Academic) OR
- Master's Level Degree with at least 3 years of experience OR
- Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 5 years of experience
We offer a competitive, family friendly total rewards package. We design our programs to reflect our commitment to an inclusive environment, while ensuring we provide benefits that meet the diverse needs of our employees.
KLA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by applicable law. We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.