Diet ID is on a mission to help people live longer, healthier lives. Led by world-renowned experts in nutrition and wellness tech, we are a SaaS startup that reinvents diet assessment and behavior change. Through our unique image-based pattern recognition methodology, Diet ID saves organizations 90% of the time and expense of diet assessment, replacing the need for 20M+ paper-based interactions every year. Diet ID is used by tens of thousands of people around the world, including with major health systems, government organizations, and leading wellness organizations. We are a team of motivated, collaborative, innovative risk takers united by a common purpose and utmost integrity.
PRIMARY FUNCTION / POSITION SUMMARY:
The Senior Engineer is responsible for refining and enhancing the core Diet ID application, rolling out new applications, and collaborting with major health and wellness organizations. Upcoming exciting projects include globalization, rolling out our suite of mobile apps, deep personalization with ML, and EHR integrations. The perfect candidate will be technology leader, with a deep technical skill set, a design eye, and career spanning experience in building and executing functional products and applications. Experience in healthcare and health-tech is a preferred.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Scope, architect, and execute back-end and front-end code and architecture for Diet ID application
- Integrate current and future technology components into application
- Ensure adequate security and access measures for data and algorithms (including HIPAA compliance)
- Provide guidance on refinements for UX/UI of Diet ID
- Create and support future technology roadmapping by utilizing industry best practices
- Work with product team to estimate size and scope of tasks, provide guidance on roadmap, and adjust short and long term objectives based on evolving business needs.
- Work with clients on scoping and implementing customizations, representing Diet ID on client communications.
- 8+ years of career experience building technical applications and products
- Past Senior Engineer experience
- Experience with full-stack development.
- Experience building and managing APIs for use by third parties
- Degree in computer science or other relevant technical degree, or relevant experience
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills with attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Have physical and mental requirements to meet the above listed job responsibilities
Please send your resume, github profile, and an example React component you’ve written to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include “Senior Engineer Application” in the subject line.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.