About the Company:
Curbside SOS, based in Detroit, Michigan is a start-up technology company that provides real time access to towing services and streamlines the dispatch process between law enforcement, towing companies and motorists.
When a tow is needed, time is of the essence. The longer a disabled vehicle sits on the side of the road, the greater the threat to everyone's safety. We use data to confirm real-time ETAs to ensure the quickest available tow can be dispatched to clear roads faster.
In 2020 Curbside SOS launched real products to real users and raised significant capital to accelerate growth throughout the US. This year they will introduce new products and features to provide enhanced value to all stakeholders. The Company is founded and operated by experienced technology entrepreneurs that have proven their ability to deliver wildly successful consumer and commercial technology solutions.
About the job:
As one of the most experienced technical talents at Curbside SOS, the Senior Software Engineer will play a pivotal role in the development and delivery of each product. This position could be based out of our NEW offices in Eastpointe, MI or remote with occasional travel.
As a backend technology expert, you will be responsible for implementing efficient and scalable solutions to key business problems. To do so, you will be expected to develop and maintain a database system that supports a variety of different different data types, as well as an API that meets the needs of a variety of customer-facing clients across native apps and the web.
As a member of the Curbside SOS engineering team, you will be expected to leverage your expertise in a collaborative environment, working together to build a stable platform that solves customer problems.
If you are a software engineer with experience, passion and excitement for how online and mobile products are built and can deliver to a wide range of stakeholders, this is going to be an amazing place for you.
What you’ll get to do:
- Design kick ass straightforward solutions to problems
- Own our API and take the features and points, turn them over to the frontend engineers to connect.
- Develop web applications the best technologies (See tech stack below)
- Write maintainable, reliable, and performant code
- Support with Product Design as features make their way from inception to execution
- Review pull requests from other developers
- Promote good software development practices and contribute to setting internal standards and guidelines
- Collaborate with Product Managers to define high-level system requirements, then break those down into actionable tickets, supporting them through groomings and plannings
What you’ll bring to the table:
- A few years of experience working on software development teams in a startup environment
- You love exploring hard problems and solving them with data-driven, iterative software development
- You understand the challenges and appreciate the rewards of working with live data from distributed systems.
- You've worked in fast-paced, agile environments and helped keep projects on track, troubleshoot roadblocks, write documentation, and coordinate cross-team collaboration
- Experience with GIS data a plus
- Quick learner and self-starter capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent time management and problem-solving skills
Tech Stack: Familiarity with the following technologies will be key to your success at Curbside:
- Relational database management via PostgreSQL
- Restful API development via Rails and ActiveRecord
- Realtime technology services like PubNub and WebSockets
- Notification and communication services like Twilio and Firebase
- Background processing via Sidekiq
- Geographic map data and APIs like Google Map APIs, Geocoder, and various GIS services
- Experience developing auth systems that involve multiple overlapping user roles (Devise, Pundit)
- Familiarity with implementing payment systems (Stripe, PayPal, etc.)