KLA is a global leader in diversified electronics for the semiconductor manufacturing ecosystem. Virtually every electronic device in the world is produced using our technologies. No laptop, smartphone, wearable device, voice-controlled gadget, flexible screen, VR device or smart car would have made it into your hands without us. KLA invents systems and solutions for the manufacturing of wafers and reticles, integrated circuits, packaging, printed circuit boards and flat panel displays. The innovative ideas and devices that are advancing humanity all begin with inspiration, research and development. KLA focuses more than average on innovation and in 2019 we invested 15% of sales back into R&D. Our expert teams of physicists, engineers, data scientists and problem-solvers work together with the world’s leading technology providers to accelerate the delivery of tomorrow’s electronic devices. Life here is exciting and our teams thrive on tackling really hard problems. There is never a dull moment with us.
With over 40 years of semiconductor process control experience, chipmakers around the globe rely on KLA to ensure that their fabs ramp next-generation devices to volume production quickly and cost-effectively. Enabling the movement towards advanced chip design, KLA's Global Products Group (GPG), which is responsible for creating all of KLA’s metrology and inspection products, is looking for the best and the brightest research scientist, software engineers, application development engineers, and senior product technology process engineers. Central Engineering is KLA's largest engineering organization comprised of 9 Centers-of-Excellence (CoE) in various disciplines applied across all product groups in the company. These CoE include Handling & Automation, Precision Motion Control, Sensors & Image Acquisition, Platform Design, and Packaging Engineering, among others. Talent includes over 500 engineers across global centers in Israel, China, India, and the US. Each CoE contributes not just talent and deliverables per discipline toward product programs, but also subject matter expertise, best practices, roadmaps, specialized facilities, apparatus, models, and analytics. These differentiate KLA not only in WHAT we do, but also in HOW we do it.
In this role successful candidates will be responsible for:
- Lead the design and develop real-time software applications that integrate hardware for robotic wafer handling and instrument control system.
- Develop C# or C/C++ code integrating robotics, motion control and data acquisition.
- Use EtherCAT architecture to develop real-time automation platform with distributed controls.
- Work closely with the software development team, mechatronics engineers and system engineers.
- Maintain source control and guide build process.
- Proficiency in C#, C/C++, Visual Studio
- Experience with writing software that communicates with variety of different hardware devices using Ethernet, Serial protocols, etc.
- 3-4 years of experience with system automation and hardware integration.
- Knowledge in WCF, .Net remoting, WPF desired
- Knowledge in Java is a plus.
- Ability to work in a multi-functional team with system engineers, mechatronics/control engineers across multiple geographic locations.
- Prior experience with semiconductor equipment or semiconductor fabrication is a plus.
- Must be able to travel for training and support of customers worldwide
Doctorate (Academic) or work experience of 0 years OR Master's Level Degree or work experience of 3 years OR Bachelor's Level Degree or work experience of 5 years
We offer a competitive, family friendly total rewards package. We design our programs to reflect our commitment to an inclusive environment, while ensuring we provide benefits that meet the diverse needs of our employees.
KLA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by applicable law. We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.