AdAdapted is in search of a Business Development Representative to support our high-performing Sales team in prospecting and pipelining new business. AdAdapted provides Business Development Representatives with exposure to the full-cycle sale processes and, depending on business needs and objectives, may provide experience in other areas of the business including operations, product, and marketing.
Who we are:
AdAdapted is the leading add-to-list mobile advertising and insights solution for CPG brands, agencies that represent CPG brands, and retailers. Our service provides the ability to directly target our client’s primary consumers in the apps they use to plan and shop. AdAdapted’s platform places brands in front of consumers with native, non-disruptive ads at the exact moment of decision-making, targeting consumers with laser-like efficiency and getting products on digital shopping lists.
AdAdapted is seeking driven entry-level candidates with a hunger to learn more about sales and business to join our Business Development team. The ideal candidate will aspire to obtain the skill-sets needed to achieve a successful career in management and/or sales, and may be provided opportunities to grow within the organization depending on performance and area of interest.
Initially, individuals will be focused on Business Development (identifying key-contacts with potential advertising partners through prospecting and securing quality meetings with decision stakeholders as an integral part of our Sales & Marketing teams).
The Business Development Representative (BDR) role requires a positive attitude and innate interest in optimizing messaging, A/B testing and relentless prospecting. As a BDR, success is measured by the number of quality business opportunities produced and the amount of revenue generated for the company. For those offered the opportunity, they will learn and develop important skill-sets & mental-toughness that transfer to all future endeavors. By the end of the BDR-rotation, individuals will have mastered sales-techniques/messaging, territory-strategy/execution, CRM systems and a wide variety of sales & marketing-related technologies.
Depending on business needs & objectives, individuals who meet / exceed their objectives over a sustained period of time may be eligible to receive further exposure to other areas of the company. This could include shadowing other individuals within the company, and/or a more formal transfer or promotion into another department. BDRs will continue to build hands-on experience in a variety of different functions and skills. This could include experience in the areas of:
- Client Success (Client Management, Upselling)
- Corporate Development (Strategic Partnerships, Forecasting)
- Delivery Manager - Ad Operations (Campaign deployment & optimization)
- Account Executive (Revenue production)
The goal of our Business Development Representative role is not only to excel in the core functions of Business Development (prospecting, territory strategy, etc.) but is to also provide the individual with exposure to other areas of business to aid in career development. It’s a tremendous opportunity that requires a personal investment, and due to this we are looking for individuals committed to a career investment minimum of 2 years.
- Career/Professional Development Focused
- Bachelor's Degree
- Excellent communication skills
- Desire to exceed individual objectives while working effectively as part of a larger team
- Experience working in business development or sales preferred but not required
- Territory planning
- Identifying key contacts and decision-makers
- Relentless prospecting
- Formulation and delivery of AdAdapted’s value proposition
- Prospect and account qualification
- Close partnership with Sales VPs & Account Executives to close new contracts
What we provide:
- Competitive salary package
- Flexible PTO schedule with healthy work/life balance
- Full-suite benefits plan (medical/dental/vision) including FSA/HSA options
- 401k plan including company match
- Downtown Ann Arbor office space (permitting safe return to office post-COVID)
- Professional development opportunities