X by 2 is a consulting firm specialized in business and technology transformation for healthcare and insurance clients. We enable our clients to achieve their most strategic business goals by aligning people, processes and technology across their enterprise. Careers with X by 2 offer rapid growth, constant learning, and the immediate chance to make an impact.
We're looking for people that have been playing senior software design and software development roles but seek accelerated opportunities to take on more technical leadership roles. The ideal candidate has a passion for technology and the desire to take on new challenges with various technologies.
- Participate in architecture definition, product selection, and application design.
- Play key roles in large projects. Senior Developer. Mentor. Technical Leader. Technical Project Manager.
- Participate and provide leadership in all phases of a project from discovery and planning through implementation and delivery.
- Design and develop core business applications for insurance, healthcare and other clients.
- Wear many hats and gain experience with tools, technologies and platforms across many technology stacks.
- Work closely and share ideas with fellow Developers and Architects.
- Learn new things, and grow rapidly from constant exposure to innovative ideas, concepts, and patterns.
- Knowledge and experience using enterprise application, integration and design patterns
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to conceptualize and articulate ideas clearly and concisely
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to travel on an occasional basis, as local and possibly out-of-state travel is required. (Position currently remote due to COVID-19).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related is preferred
- Agile approach – emphasis on good people, continuous delivery of value, close collaboration with clients
- Learning and reuse by leveraging patterns and frameworks
- Deliver results by playing key leadership roles on capable teams focused on full life-cycle from discovery and planning through implementation and launch
- No technology bias and no affiliations with vendors – we use the technologies and approaches that make sense for our clients
- Constant learning – adding modern technologies, frameworks, tools and products to our tool belt
Work Environment and Culture
- Be surrounded by smart talented people with shared values of continually challenging, investing in, and stretching themselves to new levels
- Collaborate with seasoned architects to solve problems and to challenge assumptions
- Work in small teams with opportunities for rapid growth and accelerated responsibilities driven purely by individual performance
- Open environment, flat organization, flexibility, and no hierarchical structures
- Everyone has a voice and is always encouraged to engage in shaping the company by sharing their interests, ideas, and feedback
Benefits and Perks
- Health, Vision, Dental, Life, Disability
- 401(k) with employer match
- Annual reviews, raises, and promotions
- Programs: Professional Development, Wellness, Professional Dress allowance
- Discretionary Points and Travel Points redeemable for cash or additional time off
- Company sponsored social events for employees and families
- Work-Life Balance: flexible hours, vacation days, sick days, personal days, holidays