Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What’s a Lead Ruby Engineer at Clearcover?
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Lead Ruby Engineer will work with the Product and Engineering team to develop and enhance services which support acquisition, third party integrations, new market launches, claims and insurance product. Additionally, the Lead Ruby Engineer is an expert in multiple functional and technical areas within the scrum team and entire engineering organization. It is the Lead Ruby Engineer’s job to drive engineering efforts by reducing the complexity of projects through deep understanding of the technical and business problems facing the team and organization.
What will you do as a Lead Ruby Engineer?
- Design, build and maintain our backend Ruby on Rails application
- Define and refine technical best practices for scrum teams
- Work with leadership stakeholders on company-wide initiatives
- Influence the work of multiple teams to align with broader engineering team objectives
- Build technical expertise and collateral to strengthen our position as a leader in technology
What do you have as a Lead Ruby Engineer?
- Fluency in Ruby/Ruby on Rails and RSpec or similar testing frameworks
- Expertise with RESTful API conventions
- High standards for quality and attention to detail
- A desire to collaborate with and elevate your team to produce outstanding, high quality products
- Demonstrated success leading technical implementations
- Past success mentoring developers and helping your entire team perform better
What other skills will help?
- Fluency in Typescript, Python, Scala and/or Kotlin
- Ability to strike a balance between the needs of today with building towards a greater future
- Experience with data driven development to build, scope and define features that have a measurable impact
- Experience with domain driven design to help explain and simplify complex problems
- Experience with scrum fundamentals