Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What’s a React Native Engineer?
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the React Native Engineer will work collaboratively with the larger Product and Engineering team to further develop the Clearcover iOS and Android apps.
As a company, we take immense pride in being able to engage with our customers in a modern, thoughtful and transparent way. Based on usage and customer satisfaction, we think we’ve done a pretty good job with our mobile application. We have plans for the future and are looking for incredible engineers to help us get there.
What will you do?
- Design, build and maintain our React Native iOS and Android apps and custom native modules in TypeScript, Objective-C and Java
- Help maintain the mobile API, a dedicated service for providing data and files to the mobile apps
- Work with the engineering and product team to help bring the features on our ambitious roadmap to life for our customers
What do you need?
- Extensive experience with React and React Native
- Experience working with API service-based architectures and RESTful APIs
- Experience writing tests at various layers (unit, integration and end to end)
- Experience with functional programming
- Attention to detail implementing designs and animations
Nice to haves?
- Experience with streams and functional reactive programming (we use RxJS extensively)
- Experience with Objective-C/Swift or Java/Kotlin