Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
The primary focus for this job will be to maintain and build our front end app suite. You will work in a highly collaborative team within the Product & Engineering vertical building software of the highest quality, and develop a deep understanding of our technical products.
What will you do?
- Work closely with Product to spec out the technical aspects of a feature from inception through delivery
- Own front end feature development, ensuring tracking/analytics are instrumented and your work meets the agreed upon acceptance criteria
- Continuously improve existing codebases
- Write acceptance, integration and unit tests
- Be involved and conduct small to large scale architecture discussions when necessary
- Help create engineering leaders by mentoring junior to mid level engineers
- Collaborate with back-end engineers on various architecture discussions
What do you have?
- Extensive experience with TypeScript
- Strong knowledge of ReactJS
- Strong knowledge of Redux/React Context API/Hooks
- Strong knowledge of front end technologies including HTML/CSS
- Experience working with API service-based architectures and RESTful APIs
- Experience writing tests at various layers
- Experience developing responsive web applications
- Experience with building, deploying and operating technical components of sizable complexity
Nice to haves:
- Experience with GraphQL
- ReactJS testing (Jest/react-testing-library)
- Experience working remotely
- Experience investigating data bugs throughout the stack