Pay Range: $114,700.00 - $195,000.00 Annually
Primary Location: USA-MI-Ann Arbor-KLA
KLA’s total rewards package for employees may also include participation in performance incentive programs and eligibility for additional benefits identified below. Interns are eligible for some of the benefits identified below. Our pay ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed above reflects the minimum and maximum pay for this position in the primary location identified in this posting. Actual pay depends on several factors, including location, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education level or training. If applicable, your recruiter can share more about the specific pay range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
KLA is a global leader in diversified electronics for the semiconductor manufacturing ecosystem. Virtually every electronic device in the world is produced using our technologies. No laptop, smartphone, wearable device, voice-controlled gadget, flexible screen, VR device or smart car would have made it into your hands without us. KLA invents systems and solutions for the manufacturing of wafers and reticles, integrated circuits, packaging, printed circuit boards and flat panel displays. The innovative ideas and devices that are advancing humanity all begin with inspiration, research and development. KLA focuses more than average on innovation and we invest 15% of sales back into R&D. Our expert teams of physicists, engineers, data scientists and problem-solvers work together with the world’s leading technology providers to accelerate the delivery of tomorrow’s electronic devices. Life here is exciting and our teams thrive on tackling really hard problems. There is never a dull moment with us.
With over 40 years of semiconductor process control experience, chipmakers around the globe rely on KLA to ensure that their fabs ramp next-generation devices to volume production quickly and cost-effectively. Enabling the movement towards advanced chip design, KLA's Global Products Group (GPG), which is responsible for creating all of KLA’s metrology and inspection products, is looking for the best and the brightest research scientist, software engineers, application development engineers, and senior product technology process engineers. Central Engineering is KLA's largest engineering organization comprised of 9 Centers-of-Excellence (CoE) in various disciplines applied across all product groups in the company. These CoE include Handling & Automation, Precision Motion Control, Sensors & Image Acquisition, Platform Design, and Packaging Engineering, among others. Talent includes over 500 engineers across global centers in Israel, China, India, and the US. Each CoE contributes not just talent and deliverables per discipline toward product programs, but also subject matter expertise, best practices, roadmaps, specialized facilities, apparatus, models, and analytics. These differentiate KLA not only in WHAT we do, but also in HOW we do it.
Job Description/Preferred Qualifications
KLA is looking for an Optical Engineering Manager in our Central Engineering Group in Ann Arbor. The manager will lead a group of optical engineers and opto-mechanical design engineers responsible for optic modules across different divisions within the corporation. The group is responsible for modeling, designing, detailing, and testing new optical sub-system for the next generation of KLA tools!
In this role successful candidates will be responsible for:
- Lead the design of complex optical systems and opto-mechanical sub-systems including precision mechanical components and subsystems
- Lead resource allocations, schedules, and project budgets
- Build training plans for development of team members
- Work with suppliers worldwide to develop complex, reliable solution for KLA’s next generation tools
- Understand and drive system and subsystem requirement specifications
- Lead concept and detailed designs
- Guide material and component selection for optical and opto-mechanical systems, precision drives and actuators
- Propose feasibility studies and proof of concepts
- Lead the definition of test criteria and build test plans for functional prototypes
- Lead multi-functional design reviews
- Guide the release process according to KLA’s standard processes
- Work with multi-functional groups and lead system-level discussions including impact on overall system performance
- Lead problem solving activities at subsystem and system levels
Qualifications and Education:
- Strong understanding of optical and mechanical engineering principles and fundamentals including incoherent and coherent light sources, polarization, scattering theory, lens design, precision mechanical mechanisms, fabrication methods, and integration and testing
- Experience leading teams
- Experience with optical modeling and thermal analysis.
- Proficient in 3D solid modeling using CAD, preferably ProE/Creo
- Analytical problem-solving skills in the structural and optical domains
- Proficient in engineering tolerance and error budgets
- Excel working in a multi-discipline and multi-culture global organization
- Excellent writing skills and verbal communication
- Must be able to travel for training, project support and support of customers globally
Doctorate (Academic) or work experience of 1 years , Master's Level Degree or work experience of 2 years , Bachelor's Level Degree or work experience of 3 yearsThe company offers a total rewards package that is competitive and comprehensive including but not limited to the following: medical, dental, vision, life, and other voluntary benefits, 401(K) including company matching, employee stock purchase program (ESPP), student debt assistance, tuition reimbursement program, development and career growth opportunities and programs, financial planning benefits, wellness benefits including an employee assistance program (EAP), paid time off and paid company holidays, and family care and bonding leave.
KLA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by applicable law. We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.