Pay Range: $77,800.00 - $132,300.00 Annually
Primary Location: USA-MI-Ann Arbor-KLA
KLA’s total rewards package for employees may also include participation in performance incentive programs and eligibility for additional benefits identified below. Interns are eligible for some of the benefits identified below. Our pay ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed above reflects the minimum and maximum pay for this position in the primary location identified in this posting. Actual pay depends on several factors, including location, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education level or training. If applicable, your recruiter can share more about the specific pay range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Filmetrics, a KLA company, is the market leader in 3D optical surface profiling and thin-film thickness measurement systems. Filmetrics products combine innovative hardware solutions with intuitive, easy to use software, tied together with a pioneering online platform. Filmetrics is part of KLA Corporation which develops industry-leading equipment and services that enable innovation throughout the electronics industry. We provide advanced process control and process-enabling solutions for manufacturing wafers and reticles, integrated circuits, packaging, printed circuit boards and flat panel displays. In close collaboration with leading customers across the globe, our expert teams of physicists, engineers, data scientists and problem-solvers design solutions that move the world forward.
The Instruments Group is passionate about development of state-of-the-art inspection and metrology equipment used in production and research and development environments. Organization is globally located in US, China, and Singapore. We provide critical cost-effective solutions for power electronics, LED, communications, automotive, data storage, and other related nanoelectronics and materials science applications. We partner with our customers to provide state of the art hardware and software to improve yield and lower overall production costs by supplying world-leading inspection, metrology and review systems. In addition to developing valuable product solutions, the group provides support to customers to achieve performance entitlement through sharing and implementation of application BKMs (Best Known Methods).
Job Description/Preferred Qualifications
We are seeking a motivated engineer to join our team to help with the design, development, release, and support of our optical profiler and stylus profiler measurement instruments. The successful candidate will:
- Work with the marketing, hardware and software engineering, and Product Life Cycle (PLC) teams to define system architecture and develop system and sub-system level requirements and specifications.
- Write software in Microsoft .NET, C#, and C++ to create and modify the GUI for new and existing products, design and implement algorithms to collect and analyze data collected by the instrument.
- Implement, modify, and debug software routines to interface with and control hardware such motors, robots, sensors and other computers.
- Conduct design reviews and secure consensus from partners and subject matter experts.
- Resolve system and subsystem issues and work with various partners to find and implement solutions.
- Understand cost, schedule, and scope with tradeoffs when necessary.
- A Bachelor’s degree (required), Master’s or advanced degree (desired) in Software / Electrical / Industrial / Manufacturing Engineering or Physics.
- A solid understanding and demonstrated track record in the practice of software engineering and fundamentals, including architecture and testing.
- Experience with
- Microsoft .NET languages including C#
- C++ programming
- Microsoft Visual Studio development environment
- Source code control systems such as git
- Alignment to software design and coding standards
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers, interdisciplinary engineering groups, customers, and suppliers globally. Ability to give effective technical presentations up to the PLC level.
- Dedicated individual with keen technical ability, systematic approach, and excellent problem-solving skills. Candidate should have a positive attitude, be detail-oriented, and be a strong teammate.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
This position allows flexibility and may require at least three days/week in the office.
Master's Level Degree and 0 years related work experience; Bachelor's Level Degree and related work experience of 2 yearsThe company offers a total rewards package that is competitive and comprehensive including but not limited to the following: medical, dental, vision, life, and other voluntary benefits, 401(K) including company matching, employee stock purchase program (ESPP), student debt assistance, tuition reimbursement program, development and career growth opportunities and programs, financial planning benefits, wellness benefits including an employee assistance program (EAP), paid time off and paid company holidays, and family care and bonding leave.
KLA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by applicable law. We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.