Pay Range: $91,200.00 - $155,000.00 Annually
Primary Location: USA-MI-Ann Arbor-KLA
KLA’s total rewards package for employees may also include participation in performance incentive programs and eligibility for additional benefits identified below. Interns are eligible for some of the benefits identified below. Our pay ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed above reflects the minimum and maximum pay for this position in the primary location identified in this posting. Actual pay depends on several factors, including location, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education level or training. If applicable, your recruiter can share more about the specific pay range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
KLA is a global leader in diversified electronics for the semiconductor manufacturing ecosystem. Virtually every electronic device in the world is produced using our technologies. No laptop, smartphone, wearable device, voice-controlled gadget, flexible screen, VR device or smart car would have made it into your hands without us. KLA invents systems and solutions for the manufacturing of wafers and reticles, integrated circuits, packaging, printed circuit boards and flat panel displays. The innovative ideas and devices that are advancing humanity all begin with inspiration, research and development. KLA focuses more than average on innovation and we invest 15% of sales back into R&D. Our expert teams of physicists, engineers, data scientists and problem-solvers work together with the world’s leading technology providers to accelerate the delivery of tomorrow’s electronic devices. Life here is exciting and our teams thrive on tackling really hard problems. There is never a dull moment with us.
With over 40 years of semiconductor process control experience, chipmakers around the globe rely on KLA to ensure that their fabs ramp next-generation devices to volume production quickly and cost-effectively. Enabling the movement towards advanced chip design, KLA's Global Products Group (GPG), which is responsible for creating all of KLA’s metrology and inspection products, is looking for the best and the brightest research scientist, software engineers, application development engineers, and senior product technology process engineers. Central Engineering is KLA's largest engineering organization comprised of 9 Centers-of-Excellence (CoE) in various disciplines applied across all product groups in the company. These CoE include Handling & Automation, Precision Motion Control, Sensors & Image Acquisition, Platform Design, and Packaging Engineering, among others. Talent includes over 500 engineers across global centers in Israel, China, India, and the US. Each CoE contributes not just talent and deliverables per discipline toward product programs, but also subject matter expertise, best practices, roadmaps, specialized facilities, apparatus, models, and analytics. These differentiate KLA not only in WHAT we do, but also in HOW we do it.
Job Description/Preferred Qualifications
KLA is seeking a motivated algorithm engineer to join our algorithm group in the AI & Modeling Center of Excellence in Ann Arbor, MI, USA. In this position, you will bring your academic background and interest working in industry to develop and integrate algorithms into KLA’s innovative reticle inspection platforms. You will contribute in a highly collaborative team to research, develop, and deliver production-grade algorithms involving Image Processing, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and Computer Vision techniques.
In this role, you will:
- Contribute to novel image processing, defect detection and analysis, and optimization algorithms balancing sophistication and computational complexity through comprehensive data analysis
- Evaluate and productize deep learning and other novel approaches that complement and improve the performance of existing algorithms in the inspection space
- Collaborate with software and computer groups to design and implement data management, model training and inference flows
- Bring forward creative ideas, develop proof-of-concepts, integrate algorithms into production code, and work with other team members in Ann Arbor and in global project teams
- Academic background required in any of the following areas: Image Processing, Computational Imaging, Computer Vision
- Practical experience with Deep Learning, Machine Learning, or Artificial Intelligence, for images, is preferred
- Capable of prototyping Algorithms using MATLAB or Python, and implementing algorithms in C++ software under Linux is preferred
- Familiarity with any of the following is a plus: Linear and Nonlinear Optimization techniques, CUDA/GPU Programming frameworks (e.g., TensorFlow), and Data Analysis and Visualization tools
- Great teammate with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What will differentiate you
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of and hands-on practice with image processing, computer vision, and related topics in deep learning.
This position allows flexibility and may require at least 2-3 days in a week at office.
- PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Mathematics, or Physics or related field preferred OR
- Master's Level Degree with 3+ years of work experience OR
- Bachelor's Level Degree with 5+ years of work experience
The company offers a total rewards package that is competitive and comprehensive including but not limited to the following: medical, dental, vision, life, and other voluntary benefits, 401(K) including company matching, employee stock purchase program (ESPP), student debt assistance, tuition reimbursement program, development and career growth opportunities and programs, financial planning benefits, wellness benefits including an employee assistance program (EAP), paid time off and paid company holidays, and family care and bonding leave.
KLA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by applicable law. We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.