Help everyone arrive at a secure retirement
That’s our mission. While it’s fairly straightforward, how we get there is not.
Since starting Guideline in 2015, we’ve used technology to disrupt the retirement industry. It’s allowed us to automate tasks, integrate with payroll providers, and build retirement plans that are actually affordable for small business owners. Software is the backbone of what we do. But our platform is powered by people—engineers, customer success managers, data analysts, retirement consultants, and many more. Together, we’re creating a retirement platform that empowers people to invest in themselves, in their business, and in their future with confidence.
To date, we’ve raised $344 million in venture capital and have been named one of the Deloitte Technology Fast 500™, among other awards. We’ve grown to 25,000+ clients, enabling hundreds of thousands of people to open retirement accounts and contribute over $5 billion toward retirement. That’s a real impact.
But it’s just the beginning. To make an even bigger impact, we need people with different skill sets, perspectives and backgrounds. People who approach problems with curiosity and resolve and are committed to achieving our rewarding mission.
What you’ll be doing → impact/own x problem statement based on role.
(Your success = impact on everyday business owners, your community and their future)
Why you want to work with us:
We’re a mission-focused company with a lot of tailwinds behind us and some big goals in front of us. We want to support you at work so you enjoy your life outside of it.
● Workplace flexibility: We have offices in California, Texas and Maine (and soon Georgia). But if you’re looking for 100% remote, a hybrid work schedule, or something a little asynchronous, we can help make that work, too.
● Impactful benefits: Fully funded health insurance premiums for employees with generous subsidies for dependents, generous parental leave, mental healthcare, commuter benefits, and a 4% 401(k) match, to name a few.
● Real time off: Unlimited PTO and sick days - so you can take time to rest and recharge when you need it.
● Collaborative engineering org: Our architecture is thoughtful and pragmatic. Everyone in our org has a voice and an opportunity—and a new M1 macbook pro—to leave their mark.
● Career growth: Your career path isn’t set when you accept a position. We offer yearly educational stipends, management training and encourage professional certifications and internal transfers—so you don’t just succeed here, you thrive.
● Diversity, Equity, and Inclusivity: We established a DEI Taskforce to create a safe and welcoming culture that empowers people from historically marginalized communities—both at our company and in the communities we serve.
● Company culture: Collaborative and approachable, eager to grow, learn and solve problems—these are traits our employees all share. But there are two qualities in particular that we really look for in the people who work here: compassion and passion. Compassion for coworkers, partners, our clients and their employees. Passion to do right by all of them, even if it’s harder. We don’t micromanage here. We operate on trust, empowerment and support to drive your success, so you can help us drive our mission.
● Forbes Fintech 50: https://www.forbes.com/sites/jonathanponciano/2021/06/08/the-future-of-investing-fintech-50-2021/?sh=714cf3375221
● Fast Company's Most Innovative Company: https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/technology-media-and-telecommunications/articles/fast500-winners.html
● World Economic Forum Tech Pioneer 2020: https://widgets.weforum.org/techpioneers-2020/