Working at Clearcover
Hiring in: Chicago, Remote
- Founded: 2016
- Employees: 51-250
We offer affordable car insurance that’s smarter, faster and puts your needs above all else, helping you make informed decisions every step of the way. Our API-first approach offers the industry’s fastest claims, easy payments, and convenient policy management through an award-winning mobile app. Our powerful technology, coupled with our dedicated Customer Advocate team, provides an excellent insurance experience with affordable rates.
We believe in creating a supportive and inclusive environment where every employee feels welcome, no matter their personal or professional background. We embrace every individual's superpowers and encourage them to let them shine while at work.
Interested in joining the Clearcover team? Apply for a role now: https://clearcover.com/careers/
We believe that behavior is a signal for values, and our culture is defined by the behaviors we promote, encourage, or demand. Our Operating Principles are embedded in everything we do—our day-to-day decisions, our new hire interviews, our company awards, and our Performance Management.
We adhere to the following Leadership Principles:
Know the Customer, Work for the Customer
- Clearcover-ers start with the customer and work backwards. We are fanatical about understanding customer needs, and then developing new and better-er ways to deliver transparency, convenience, low prices and superior value.
- Clearcover-ers earn trust through their words and actions. We listen attentively, treat others respectfully and always act with empathy and integrity. We are vocally self-critical, even when doing so is awkward or embarrassing. We know how to disagree and commit and are generous with appreciation and praise when it's due.
- Clearcover-ers never settle at “better.” We have relentlessly high standards and continuously seek improvement by challenging assumptions and examining approaches from first principles. We are inventive, think big, and are willing to take risks, make mistakes and change our minds to deliver better-er outcomes.
Execute with Urgency and Focus
- Clearcover-ers quickly identify and prioritize high-leverage opportunities and operate with a bias for action. We make smart, High-Velocity Decisions and bring intensity and discipline to our work.
- Technology is the fundamental tool we wield to evolve and improve every aspect of our business. So, Clearcover-ers consistently examine our strategies and operations through the lens of how technology can create more customer value.
Raise the Bar
- Clearcover-ers insist on raising our performance bar. We recognize, hire and develop exceptional talent and teams. We are empowering, thoughtful colleagues and have timely, candid conversations when needed.
Operate Like an Owner
- Clearcover-ers make a habit of “going first” and don’t wait for permission to do something we believe is right. We act on behalf of the entire company, beyond just our own interests. We treat company resources like our own, value frugality and efficiency and find ways to accomplish more with less.
Play the Long Game
- Clearcover-ers avoid easy, short-term thinking in favor of maximizing long-term value, even when that choice is difficult or painful.
- Clearcover-ers deeply understand business inputs and deliver them with the right quality and in a timely fashion. We stay connected to the details and zealously use data to inform decisions. We are innately curious, have a growth mindset, and we're always learning.
Act like an Underdog
- Clearcover-ers find ways to succeed, even under the most difficult circumstances, because we operate with an underdog's mindset. We outhustle the competition, we're resilient in the face of adversity, and we respond to setbacks with grit and determination.
We incorporate a supportive, welcoming environment in our business model and office culture.
Clearcover office in Chicago